Acne Clinics Located in Salt Lake City and South Jordan
No one likes acne. It can be difficult to be confident if you don’t feel your best about the appearance of your skin, whether it’s normal acne associated with puberty or adult acne. At Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology, we offer a variety of solutions to restore the appearance of clear skin and reduce anxiety associated with acne.
If you suffer from teenage acne or acne rosacea, you may have tried other solutions that haven’t proven effective for you thus far. In our Salt Lake City dermatology offices, we offer acne treatments that are both safe and extremely effective.
To schedule an appointment, contact one of our acne clinics in Salt Lake City and South Jordan today.
Acne vulgaris is the technical term for the skin condition that people associate with the word acne. It begins around puberty and can last several years. Because there is no cure for acne, the goal of a dermatologist is to improve acne to prevent physical and emotional scarring.
Acne can be a frustrating condition, but with patience and compliance to therapy, the symptoms can be greatly improved.
Possible Treatments for Acne
There are several effective treatments to improve acne, including topical medications, cleansers, moisturizers, and oral medications.
One treatment that we get questions about often is Accutane (Isotretinoin), which many people consider as a cure-all for acne. While there is no cure for acne, Accutane is effective against severe cystic acne which may not respond well to other therapies. However, the drug comes with a number of unpleasant side effects, and we often try several other solutions before using it.
There are several topical acne medications available at your local pharmacy by prescription that has proven effective against acne vulgaris. Depending on the type and severity of your acne, we’ll ensure we recommend the solution that works the best for your unique situation.
Acne Scar Treatment
We know acne scars from past acne can be frustrating. You have no control over the past conditions that led to your current scars. Fortunately, there are some excellent treatment options that can minimize scarring.
- Bellafill is the only FDA approved dermal filler on the market to treat severe acne scars. It works by immediately adding volume to the skin to lift acne scars. Bellafill helps your skin re-create its own firmer structure for a smoother appearance and lasting results. This treatment is particularly helpful for patients with textural scarring (depressions or pits in the skin). Bellafill treatments can be done with minimal discomfort and downtime.
- Microneedling with the Eclipse Micropen Elite also reduces acne scarring and improves the skin’s texture, tone, and color. This innovative treatment has become quite popular due to limited downtime and affordability, particularly when compared to ablative laser alternatives. A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the device, which the clinician gently presses against the skin. The treatment has minimal downtime and takes approximately 20 minutes. Amazing results are achieved after a series of treatments spaced about 4-6 weeks apart.
- Laser treatments with Vbeam Perfecta treat discoloration of the skin following severe acne. This treatment can be combined with other acne scar therapies to achieve even better results.
We often hear the complaint that patients long past puberty are still experiencing facial acne. In reality, this eruption may actually be acne rosacea.
This condition results in facial redness, pimples, red veins across the cheeks and nose, flushing of the skin, and in severe cases, enlargement or thickening of the nose. The severity of the condition can be influenced by several outside factors, including certain foods and beverages, changes in weather or temperature, emotional or physical influences, or certain medications.
Although there is no cure for this condition, our providers are well informed about the latest management options such as oral antibiotics, cleansers, topical medications, and sunblocks.
Treatments for Rosacea
- Laser facial and IPL photorejuvenation: IPL treatment uses a safe dose of pulsed light to gradually reduce the appearance of facial blemishes, sun damage, rosacea, and more.
- Vbeam laser treatment: Vbeam uses pulsed-dye laser (PDL) technology to deliver a targeted burst of healing technology that hides blemishes like rosacea, as well as red spots and discolorations on the skin.
Value and Safety are our concern! Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology offers only the safest, most effective and cost-conscious care for acne rosacea.