Post Laser Hair Removal Treatment Care
- Be careful with hot water. Do not bathe the area with very hot water until it has healed.
- Keep the area moist with Cetaphil Cream, Cerave Cream, or Aquaphor Healing Ointment until the inflammation resolves and the area is healed.
- Keep the treated area out of the sun. If sun exposure is unavoidable, cover it or apply a broad-spectrum sunblock with SPF 30 or above for at least four weeks following treatment.
- Keep clothing from rubbing the treatment area. Avoid other irritation to the area.
- Do not use hairspray’on or around the treated area.
- Avoid deodorant for two to three days following treatment of underarm areas.
Important facts to remember:
- There will be redness and, occasionally, mild blistering of the treated areas which may last anywhere from several hours to ten days.
- The laser treatment does not remove or pull out the treated hair, so the hair that was treated is still visible and will slowly be ejected from the hair sheath. The hair ejection may give the appearance of hair growth for the next one to two weeks.
- Removal of the teated hair from the hair sheath can be facilitated by gently scrubbing the area(s) with a loofah sponge or washcloth while bathing or showering during the first two weeks following treatment.
- Each area will usually require three or more treatments approximately four weeks apart.
- Areas with heavy hair growth require more treatments in order to destroy or disable the hairs for extended periods of time.
- It might be impossible to obtain permanent hair removal. Even though the hair may be disabled and not grow for long periods (3-6 months), the hair might return in the future. The fact that the hair responded to treatment and was disabled for an extended period almost invariably means that it will respond well to future treatment.
Please contact our office at 801-266-8841 with any additional questions or concerns.
I have a fair complexion and susceptible to skin issues. Enjoy going to their office the doctors and assistants have been very kind. Would recommend this office.
I had a great experience removing my skin cancer on the front of my shoulder a week ago. They were kind, detailed, and took the time to explain the whole process. I am glad I have chosen them to assist with my dermatology needs.
Very professional and skilled! Finally able to resolve some issues I’ve had in the past that other dermatologists ignored.
Dr. Woseth has long played a critical role in my health, for which I will be forever in his debt. He is one of the nicest and most competent doctors I have ever met.
Very professional. They examined me and explained everything. I will go there for years.
I love this clinic. Every time I go I have a wonderful experience!
Service has always been prompt and professional. The level of care and followup is exceptional.
It was very professional and safe. All the protocols were followed and as usual, the care is exceptional.
Dr. Woseth is thorough, compassionate & patient! Every question answered & great follow up!
My recent appointment went great. All the staff are welcoming. I did not have to wait long. Alisa is always kind and gentle, makes me feel comfortable. I refer all my friends.
Everyone at the office is very caring. I've been a patient here for about 3-4 years and they've taken care of me so well. The treatment they provide has been life changing!
First time doing a skin check and having something removed. They were very nice and fast. It was completely painless and relaxing. Pretty sure I found my new dermatologist.